or call 800-355-4628
Opioid use in the United States is increasing dramatically, which can have deadly effects on law enforcement and first responders that are exposed to them. According to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration,
Any substance suspected to contain fentanyl should be treated with extreme caution as exposure to a small amount can lead to significant health-related complications, respiratory depression, or death.
The Sentry Shield - EP is an Extra Protection kit that provides increased moderate protection where suspected opioid materials may be present. The full coverall kit with goggles P100 respirator and two pair of nitrile gloves provides the greatest protection of all the Sentry Shield kits. For higher threat levels additional respiratory protection may be required.
The Sentry Shield line of personal protective kits protects law enforcement officers and first responders from white powdery substances that could contain fentanyl, carfentanil, or other powerful opioid-based substances. These personal protection kits range in coverage: Quick Protection, Standard Protection, and Extra Protection and are based on the severity of exposure levels responders may encounter.
In all situations, employers must identify hazards to which their workers might be exposed and provide appropriate PPE to protect them.
- Sentry Shield EP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4040)
Sentry Shield EP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4040)
- For an increased moderate exposure response where suspected opioid materials may be present.
- Use examples include investigations, evidence collection, and for staff in the warm zone.
- Configuration based on the recommendations of the National Institutes of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Interagency Board.
- TAA compliant or other custom accommodations available.
- Available sizes: M - 4XL (contact us for additional size availability).
Each Sentry Shield EP Kit Contains:
- DuPoint Tyvek 600 Coverall
- Taped seams and neck flap
- Comfort-fit cut for ease of movement
- Thumb loops
- Respirator fit hood
- P100 Respirator
- Exhalation valve
- Size: M/L
- DuPont Tyvek Slip-Resistant Boot Covers
- 18" high with elastic top
- One size fits most
- Safety Goggle
- ANSI Z87.1-2000
- Indirect vent, anti-fog lens
- Black Nitrile 8 Mil Gloves (2)
- 12" long extended cuff
- Size XL
- Powder free
- Blue Nitrile 5 Mil Gloves (2)
- 9" long cuff
- Size L
- Powder free
- Contaminated Clothing Bag
- (3) Warning Labels "Possible Contamination with Unknown Hazardous Substance"
- Use to seal Contaminated Clothing Bag
- One suit kit
Supporting information for usage of PPE for opioid protection:
- Recommendations on Selection and Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Decontamination Products for First Responders Against Exposure Hazards to Synthetic Opioids, Including Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analogues
- Fentanyl: A Briefing Guide for First Responders - DEA
Available for International Sale