or call 800-355-4628
Hazardous materials are consistently going in and out of our communities. Micro-hospitals and freestanding emergency rooms provide convenient locations and 24/7 access for patients seeking alternatives to hospital emergency departments. These healthcare facilities need emergency preparedness supplies on hand to prepare for potentially hazardous situations. Does your risk assessment include an unexpected influx of patients with hazardous material exposure? Be prepared to address chemical and biological decontamination with the Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System.
Micro-hospitals and freestanding ERs need the capability to handle a small number of contaminated patients should an event arise. The Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System provides a simple, professional, and affordable approach to patient decontamination. This reusable decontamination system is quick to set up and easily stored in a small closet.
The Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System includes supplies for:
- Setting up a private decontamination area
- Managing water for going through the shower and pumping wastewater into the holding tank
- Disrobing and thoroughly decontaminating the patient
- Organizing supplies in storage to be ready for the next event
- Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System (HMK1090)
Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System (HMK1090)
- Small storage footprint: Unassembled dimensions 65” x 34” x 26”
- Dimensions for total assembled decon system area (approx.): 100” x 120” x 90”
- Approximate set up time is less than 5 minutes (complete area based on two trained staff members)
One Micro-Hospital Patient Decontamination System (HMK1090) includes the following equipment and supplies:
- Shower System
- Decono Shower
- Cost-effective, ultra-light alternative to full size showers, designed for limited-space or field applications
- Single water inlet: standard garden hose
- Two adjustable shower heads
- Total output: 5.5 gpm (4.2 gpm from top and 1.3 gpm from middle)
- Meets flow rates, spray pattern, and other performance characteristics set by the ANSI/ISEA 113-2013 standard.
- Dimensions (shower system only): assembled 60” x 60” x 90”, unassembled 12” x 22” x 41”
- Flexible Containment Pool - 5'x5'x4" - 22 oz small, economical pool for use in decon and spill operations.
- Elevation Grids (Qty 2 single layer) - Prevents patients and staff from standing in contaminated water during decontamination.
- Sandbags (Qty 2) – Helps to stabilize equipment and ground tarps in windy conditions.
- Area Setup
- Economy Ground Tarp - Provides splash protection and identifies the perimeter of the decon area.
- Heavy Duty Privacy Screens (Qty 3) – Create outdoor privacy areas for patient decon.
- Water Management
- Compact Water Supply Hose - 50' hose folds flat and stores in a mesh bag (included).
- Wastewater Hose - 25’ in length and extra-durable for wastewater removal.
- Electric Water Pump - Quickly pumps water from collection pool to water container.
- Extension Cord - 50’ cord with 3-way lighted female end and rated for outdoor use.
- Flexible Wastewater Tank - Holds up to 150 gallons of wastewater. Fully collapses and folds for storage.
- Patient Supplies
- Doff-it Personal Privacy Kits – Provides a unique, private way to get clothing removed before showering. Box of 10 Adult size and 10 Youth size kits.
- Don-it Personal Privacy Kits – Provides patient privacy after showering. Box of 10 Adult size and 10 Youth size kits.
- Decon Clothes Buckets (Qty 2) - Secures personal items and helps prevent cross-contamination during decon.
- Decon Shower Sponges (Qty 2) - Soft, disposable, and long-handled sponge.
- Decon Shower Body Brushes (Qty 2) – Soft nylon bristles that are safe on skin during decon.
- Dry-it Disposable Towels - Versatile, disposable towels that are soft enough for skin and strong enough for spills. Roll of 100.
- Disposable Washcloths - Super-absorbent disposable washcloths. Box of 40.
This standard is intended for use by first responders and receiving medical facilities for the initial decontamination of victims of contamination and possible exposure:
Available for International Sale