or call 800-355-4628
Opioid use in the United States is increasing dramatically, which can have deadly effects on law enforcement and first responders that are exposed to them. According to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration,
Any substance suspected to contain fentanyl should be treated with extreme caution as exposure to a small amount can lead to significant health-related complications, respiratory depression, or death.
The Sentry Shield - QP is a Quick Protection kit that provides protection when opioids may be present, but no opioid materials are visible. Each opioid ppe kit contains oversleeves and 12" extended cuff gloves that provide fast protection when a full coverall garment or hazmat suit isn't needed. The respirator mask and safety glasses give you added protection if an unknown powder becomes airborne.
The Sentry Shield line of personal protective kits protects law enforcement officers and first responders from white powdery substances that could contain fentanyl, carfentanil, or other powerful opioid-based substances. These personal protection kits range in coverage: Quick Protection, Standard Protection, and Extra Protection and are based on the severity of exposure levels responders may encounter.
In all situations, employers must identify hazards to which their workers might be exposed and provide appropriate PPE to protect them.
- Sentry Shield QP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4020) - Box of 30
Sentry Shield QP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4020)
- For a minimal exposure response where fentanyl may be present, but no opioid materials are visible.
- Use examples include pre-hospital care, law enforcement routine duties, inmate searches, or customs and border inspections.
- Contains extra-thick 8 mil gloves.
- The dark blue oversleeves and black gloves discretely blend in with dark uniforms and show the presence of white contaminants.
- Configuration based on the recommendations of the National Institutes of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Interagency Board.
- Packaged in boxes of 6 bags of 5 kits per bag.
- TAA compliant or other custom accommodations available.
- One size fits most.
Each Sentry Shield QP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit Contains:
- Protective Oversleeves (2)
- Welded seams, impermeable
- 18" with elastic openings
- N95 Flat-fold Respirator
- Safety Glasses
- Over-the-glasses (OTG) style
- ANSI Z87.1-2000, CSA Z94.3 compliant
- Black Nitrile 8 Mil Gloves (2)
- 12" long extended cuff
- Size XL
- Powder free
- Contaminated Clothing Bag
- (3) Warning Labels "Possible Contamination with Unknown Hazardous Substance"
- Used to seal Contaminated Clothing Bag
- Protective Oversleeves (2)
- Sentry Shield QP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4020) - Box of 30 (6 packs of 5 kits)
Supporting information for usage of PPE for opioid protection:
- Recommendations on Selection and Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Decontamination Products for First Responders Against Exposure Hazards to Synthetic Opioids, Including Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analogues
- Fentanyl: A Briefing Guide for First Responders - DEA
Available for International Sale