or call 800-355-4628
Responders trust the Chlorine Institute's Emergency Kit "C" for emergency leaks and spills from rail cars, and cargo tanks transporting chlorine. Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit "C" includes devices and tools to contain leaks in and around the pressure relief device and angle valves of tank cars (DOT 105J500W), cargo tanks (MC331), and portable tanks (DOT 51).
The Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit "C" will fit the Next Generation Railcar Design.
- Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit "C" (HMS1498)
Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit "C" (HMS1498)
- The Chlorine Institute Emergency C Kit is the only chlorine emergency kit for chlorine tank cars/trucks that is manufactured to the design specifications of the Chlorine Institute
- Chlorine Kit "C" devices paired with alternative EPDM gaskets are also suitable for sulfur dioxide tank cars and trucks
- Chlorine emergency kit supplies are labeled with a part number, color coded green and stored inside a durable polyethylene kit box
- All gaskets made of Vitron have a 4 year recommended shelf-life
- Gaskets are stamped with the date of manufacture
- Exclusively made by Indian Springs Manufacturing Co. to the Chlorine Institute standards
- Device #6: A capping device for containing leaks in and around the tank car angle valves
- Device #24: A capping device for containing leaks in and around the tank car pressure relief device
- Tools: Kit "C" also includes a variety of hand tools, inspection seals and additional sealing devices
- Instruction booklet
NOTE: The use of Kit-C, especially Device 24, requires the initial measurement and subsequent monitoring of the pressure within the tank car. A pressure gauge assembly should be installed on a vapor valve to monitor pressure. A pressure gauge should include: 2" face; stainless steel case; monel tubing; unfilled; 0-600 psi range; to 1/4" reduce; hard case for storage.
Replacement gasket sets, special adapters and training devices are available for chlorine and sulfur dioxide tank cars/trucks. (Call for pricing)
03OE-03-KTCL (Kit, Chemical Leak Control)
Available for International Sale
Chlorine Kits are made to order. DQE is unable to accept returns or exchanges for these products (product numbers HMS1496, HMS1497, HMS1498). Contact DQE for any questions prior to purchase.