or call 800-355-4628
Non-Sparking Deck Scraper for use in flammable environments.
The Hazardous Materials Response Technology Assessment by the US Fire Administration/Federal Emergency Management Agency (USFA/FEMA) states, “Ordinary hand tools are usually made of steel, which can cause sparks if struck, scraped, or dropped which can be disastrous in an explosive atmosphere. Tools used in a hazardous materials incident MUST be constructed of non-sparking, non-ferrous, non-magnetic, corrosion-resistant metals.” AMPCO Non-Sparking, Non-Magnetic and Corrosion-Resistant Hand Tools conform to Federal, GSA, Military, as well as other international standards.
In general, Non-Sparking Tools should be used in any environment where ignition sources are a concern. Applications include, but not limited to:
- Maintenance and Repair Operations (MRO)
- Collection, Holding and Transfer (CHT)
- Hot Work
- Work in Confined Space
- Transportation (airports, railroads, tanker trucks, shipyards), Chemical, Petrochemical, and Gas Operations
- City, State and Federal Governments (utilities, waste management, HazMat, WMD)
- General Dust Environments (grain, mining, paper/pulp mills)
- Non-Sparking Deck Scraper (HMS1574)
Non-Sparking Deck Scraper (HMS1574)
- Non sparking, non-magnetic, corrosion resistant
- Recommended for use in hazardous environments where flammable or combustible vapors, liquids, dusts or residues are present
- Non-sparking or intrinsically safe tools are required and/or recommended by many federal agencies including: OSHA, Department of Energy (DOE), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Supervisor of Shipbuilding & Repair (SUPSHIP) and more
- High strength nickel aluminum bronze alloy
- Blade width: 1-1/2"
- Overall Length: 15"
- Can be resharpened
- Manufacturer: AMPCO
- Model#: S-11G
- One deck scraper
03OE-04-KTTL (Kit, Tool, Miscellaneous, Non-Sparking)
Available for International Sale