or call 800-355-4628
Non-Sparking Bung Wrench for use flammable environments.
The Hazardous Materials Response Technology Assessment by the US Fire Administration/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (USFA/FEMA) states, "Ordinary hand tools are usually made of steel, which can cause sparks if struck, scraped, or dropped which can be disastrous in an explosive atmosphere. Tools used in a hazardous materials incident MUST be constructed of non-sparking, non-ferrous, non-magnetic, corrosion-resistant metals.” AMPCO Non-Sparking, Non-Magnetic and Corrosion-Resistant Hand Tools conform to Federal, GSA, Military, as well as other international standards.
In general, Non-Sparking Tools should be used in any environment where ignition sources are a concern. Applications include, but not limited to:
- Maintenance and Repair Operations (MRO)
- Collection, Holding and Transfer (CHT)
- Hot Work
- Work in Confined Space
- Transportation (airports, railroads, tanker trucks, shipyards), Chemical, Petrochemical, and Gas Operations
- City, State and Federal Governments (utilities, waste management, HazMat, WMD)
- General Dust Environments (grain, mining, paper/pulp mills)
- Non-Sparking Bung Wrench (HMS1561)
Non-Sparking Bung Wrench (HMS1561)
- Non-sparking, non-magnetic, corrosion resistant
- Recommended for use in hazardous environments where flammable or combustible vapors, liquids, dusts or residues are present
- Non-sparking or intrinsically safe tools are required and/or recommended by many federal agencies including: OSHA, Department of Energy (DOE), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Supervisor of Shipbuilding & Repair (SUPSHIP) and more
- Made of high strength nickel aluminum bronze alloy
- 12 in.
- Fits 3/4" and 2" bungs
- Manufacturer: AMPCO
- Model #: W-56
- One wrench
03OE-04-KTTL (Kit, Tool, Miscellaneous, Non-Sparking)